Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend Away

Early start Saturday morning DH and I headed off to Adelaide about 7.20am ...............First stop Spotlights at Munno Para...........Then Hetties wow what a great shop ......weather for the day was still in the high 30's and very strong winds.........then after a few purchases went to
the Marion Shopping Centre ........ bit of a mistake (lol) felt like everyone from Adelaide was in there for the day(great air-conditioning).........so a country girl at heart ..... I could not stay very long the crowds where closing in on me so........DH and I set of for the hills towards the freeway to Murray bridge where DH and myself enjoyed a cold but nice evening at the speedway ( not complaining as the past 6 days the temperature has been in the high 40's)
Sunday morning on the way home called into in a small country town in South Australia called Karoonda with a population of 514 which had a fabulous quilt shop in the main street SA Mallee Country Connection below a few photographs of part of the inside of the store.





Sorry I cannot have a Show and Tell of any of the purchases I made ........but items purchased where for my swaps

Please have a thought and prayer for those that are going through the worst natural disaster in Australia's history. .
Hug your loved ones a little longer tonight.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I think I need to follow your lead and visit Hetties. I'm off to Adelaide for a couple of days later in the month. 2 nights and 3 days and .... NO KIDS :D:D

Abby and Stephanie said...

My thoughts are with everyone afffected by the tragic fires.

Leanne said...

How funny is this.....I was in Hettie's at the same time I remember you asked how to get to Marion and said you had been on the road for 2 hours. I was collecting fabrics on the other counter.

Terri said...

Thanks for coming by my page I appreciate it a bunch. It was nice to meet you. HAppy Valentines Day