Friday, August 8, 2008

Let the Games begin ...........08.08.08

Had a few hours in Hospital today ....... for a couple of tests and feel like a pincushion.... Medications are administered for your comfort during the procedure. (lol) general anesthesia. Unfortunately my veins would not come to play, so I have needle puncutures on both hands, the inside of the elbows and both ankles. I thought that the next drink I would take
I might start leaking out from the puncture holes.
But I am fine
Prevention is better than cure.(as my grandmother use to say)


While I was waiting I read the following ......



The number eight is considered lucky in Chinese culture – hence the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics on the 08.08.08 at 8.08pm.
A record 9000 couples plan to marry in Beijing today similar to the rush on July 7 last year when thousands of couples chose to tie the knot worldwide.
The number eight has special significance in Chinese numerology and in Mandarin the word for "eight" sounds like part of the expression "to get rich".



The Riverland has three young stars aiming for Olympic Glory

Hayden Stoeckel and Sophie Edington - Swimming

Grant Schubert - Hockey (The Kookaburras)

So Let the Games Begin..............

1 comment:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Yes Marc let the games begin....this is exciting just watching the womens volley ball at the moment..