Monday, September 8, 2014

Around the world Blog Hop

 Naomi asked me if I would participate in the Around the world Blog Hop.

So before I go any further I guess I will let you know a few facts about myself.
I am a Virgo - Virgo's are highly  intelligent (chuckle), interested in everything and everyone and happy to be busy with sometimes many jobs and hobbies on the go. Many Virgo's are good with their hands. Their nit-picking ways can infuriate their family and colleagues (another large chuckle )

Like so many of us I juggle many roles - Wife, Mother, Mother-in-law and grandmother
I am very lucky to have an understanding and easy going Husband, two handsome sons and 4 grandchildren

My favourite colour - well their are so many, but I can tell you I don't like brights.

I have a bit of a fetish for shoes

I collect hearts ( I know that sounds a bit weird) I have many though out the home ... dust collectors as my family would say.

 
 
 
Now it is time to get on with the official blog hop
I have some questions to answer now, as part of the hop:-----
 
(1) What Am I working on?
I am currently once again like most of us working on several things at the same time
Thimble Blossoms - Red Letter Day Quilt
Roasalie Quinlan _ Scandinavian Rose
Several small items from Gail Pan - Patchwork Love Embroidery Book
Helen Stubbings - Table Runner from Simply Applique
 
(2)  How does my work differ from others of it's genre?
I have absolutely no idea if my work does differ from others, I am just doing what I like and enjoy doing
(3) Why do I create what I do?
Quilting, patchwork and Stitcheries to me have no defined or distinctive rules. One can make what one wants and how one wants, You can follow a pattern or simply make or alter the pattern as you go along. You can use a single or multiple  threads or fabric or someone else's fabric (chuckle) and basically in the end ( just like a mystery tour) you will have created a quilt or item that is completely unique and in the end a expression of oneself.
I personally find my creative side gives me the opportunity to get lost, in my own space, slows me down for the everyday environment,  and allows me to get a me result that I can share and give a bit of me to my  family and friends
(4) How does my writing- creating process work
It may start with a pattern, fabric, thread colour or a idea from my surroundings.
I do like to plan a project in my head and then go for it, I will admit that nearly all the time I run out of fabric half way through a project therefore my journey takes a different path. I don't have great expectations, as in the end it will work out and after all don't we like seeing where the journey takes us?
Really it all is about just having fun.
 
The End
 
I am suppose to link to three more quilters to keep this going but I am not linking to anyone specifically. Instead if you would like to join in, please feel free to start your own
Around the World Bog Post
Cheers Marc
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Beeshebags said...

Great post hun, and thanks for participating....hopefully a few others will start their own Around The World Blog post.

I'll let Terri know about the hearts *winks*

Well wasn't I pooped when I didn't get any sneak peeks on the swap stuff bahaha (Side note: your partner isn't really that fussy, so stop throwing stuff in the bin and starting again ok? lmao)

Hugs
Nomes xx

Cheryll said...

Nice to know you like and collect hearts. :)