Sunday, September 21, 2008

New Iron and a change of Pants .........

Started today with great intentions ...purchased some great fabric and stabilising fabric from Hetties last weekend while in Adelaide. Thought I would start ironing all the transfers patterns from the Nice People Nice Things Quilt by Helen . ....I always enjoy having a DVD playing or TV on in the background while I am stitching or quilting. I plugged the iron in and went over to put a DVD in .........a noise suddenly appear that sounded like I had put the DVD in the DVD player incorrectly......quickly turned the DVD player off ....but what.....the noise is still there and a glow caught the corner of my eye ......... flames coming out the iron flowing up to the ceiling.
...quickly turn it off at the wall socket .........carry the iron outside....dumped the iron in the garbage bin ...then adventured back inside to change my pants (lol) ...........Called DH who at the time was at a local hardware store. DH who very rarely purchases any thing for the domestic side of life ........walked in with a new iron .......So the day continues as planned ......DVD in player, new iron and a few hours later .......









3 comments:

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh my ...glad it turned out ok...not setting the whole house on fire...puh...
And good luck to your start...you sure have been busy transfering the patterns...and preparing fabrics :o)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Goodness girl....well looks like there was no stopping you...glad to hear there was no other damage...
Did you cut your transfers up before you ironed them onto the fabric...

Unknown said...

Goodness it could have been much worse...good on DH to bring you a new Iron..life goes ON!!
looking forward to seeing your NPNT progress I am thinking of doing this one too...Peg twisted my Arm just a tad.LOL
cheers
maree