Saturday, August 16, 2008

Seeing Pink

Yes ....it is still ....Raining,cold and wet, but I am not complaining....


Like most people along the River Murray we need rain.....



I have had a reasonably productive day..... you know what I mean....... done the usual Saturday chores.


Then spent part of the afternoon finishing the binding on this quilt ----- "Seeing Pink"


I made "Seeing Pink" awhile ago and had it machine quilter by Liz in Loxton I had only one side left to stitch the binding down ........I get a little side tracked every now and then (lol) and go off and start other things..........I sure there are few others out there that can relate to getting side tracked (lol)


Seeing Pink is made from the left over fabrics from another quilt called 'Friendship ...Flowers...Forever"


Unfortunately the photo has given the impression of being a dark border ......... The Borders are a nice plum colour with a scroll design printed on the fabric.




This is a close up of the beautiful embellishing ......... Liz has created on "Seeing Pink"







A back side (LOL) view





Received my swap partner from Chooky Blue SSCS , spent a few hours today preparing some hand work, ssh.... no show and tell yet.......... something to work on while I watch the Olympics, a great variety of different sporting events for the watching - and the chance for Aussies to show their talent. There's nothing left to say except..............


"Aussie, Aussie, Aussie - oi, oi, oi!"

Cheers Marc


3 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

We had a little bit of rain today...looks like you have had some good rain....like you quilt Marc....and we have done well today in the games, the rowing has been amazing....Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi...

Chookyblue...... said...

nice quilt.........so many have started there SSCS presents someone already has something done........

Levin said...

oh my - i haven't started my sscs yet! i have visited my person's blog but only briefly. i better get moving.
i love your pinks quilt.
l
x